2016 has been undoubtedly a great year for me. I got to read several marvelous books and watched really exciting brilliant TV shows. I am sure it’s the same with many of you too. Today, on the last day of this very entertaining year, I am going to share my top 5 best books and best TV shows I have come across in 2016. Please note, the works aren’t necessarily released in 2016. Without wasting any more time, here is my list.
Best Books I read (2016)
It’s really difficult to pick just 5 books out of 50 I have read this year. With the books crossing over different genres, it’s a huge dilemma to rank my favorites. Hence, I have two books in one rank- one crime and one non crime. I have reviewed most of the listed works in my blog and hence I am not going to delve deep again.
- And Then There were None (Agatha Christie) and The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)
These two books are the clear winners. Both these works are from completely different genres. Where the former is a pure suspenseful thriller (classic), the latter is a period story following a little girl’s experience during War in Germany, narrated by Death. The former is an edge of the seat page turner and the latter is an emotional journey of life.
- Before I go to Sleep (S J Watson) and The Chronicles of Narnia – The Magician’s Nephew (C S Lewis)
- I Let you Go (Clare Mackintosh) and A Man called Ove (Fredrik Backman)
- Death on the Nile (Agatha Christie) and The Wizard of Oz (Frank Baum)
- In a Dark Dark Wood (Ruth Ware) and Go Set a Watchman (Harper Lee)
Best Shows I watched (2016)
No ties here. I opened my mind to watch shows of different genre but no surprise I loved thrillers the most. So here is my top 5. Unstoppable binge watching.
- The Missing (Season 2) – I don’t know how many times I bragged about this show but I will continue to do so. One of the best crime thrillers written ever.
- The Five
- Stranger Things
- The A Word
Every work mentioned above is a work of sheer brilliance. Huge hopes from 2017. Looking forward to read exciting and interesting books and brilliant TV series.
A Very Happy New Year everyone!